This blog doesn’t usually cover sports figures. That I am a long time Celtics fan, a Kevin McHale fan and a Kevin Garnett fan doesn’t usually work its way up here.
But these are two men that I truly admire for their talent, their spirit and their perspective. McHale pretty much discovered KG and managed him through the first 12 years of his NBA career. They share a bond that runs deep.
McHale lost his daughter Sasha to Lupus earlier this year. For more about this brave and talented girl read here
KG provided comfort to Kevin McHale as best he could. And in light of the hideous act of horror that took place on Friday in Connecticut, the nightmare that I still can’t quite wake up from as a mother, as a parent, I thought that this display of love, compassion and comfort might touch the readers of this blog who may not be in tune with basketball, the Celtics and these two fine men the way that I am.
- K.G., McHale And The Ties That Bind (hangtime.blogs.nba.com)
- McHale, Garnett embrace after Rockets top Celtics (miamiherald.com)
- Garnett offers support to McHale (japantimes.co.jp)
- Rockets coach McHale, Celtics’ Garnett share tearful post-game embrace (nba.si.com)
- Kevin McHale And Kevin Garnett Shared A Tearful Hug After Last Night’s Game (deadspin.com)
- Kevin Garnett and Kevin McHale share an emotional embrace after Rockets beat Celtics (VIDEO) (probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- McHale, Garnett Embrace After Rockets Top Celtics (abcnews.go.com)
- Kevin McHale’s daughter Sasha McHale passes away at the age of 23 (sports.yahoo.com)
- McHale, Garnett embrace after Rockets top Celtics (utsandiego.com)
- Kevin Garnett Shares Touching Moment With Former Coach Kevin McHale in Memory of Daughter (Video) (nesn.com)